No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
The Makerspaces.com Makerspace Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is subject to these Official Rules except as expressly stated otherwise. Makerspaces.com is herein known as “Sponsor”. All decisions made by the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Giveaway at any time without any obligation or prior notice to participants.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Giveaway is open to residents of the United States and Canada, who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority, whichever is older at the start of the Giveaway. Void where prohibited by operation of law. Entrants’ rights and responsibilities may vary by jurisdiction.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD. The Giveaway starts on October 17, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. EST and ends on October 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST (“Giveaway Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER. Online entry only. Please follow the Giveaway instructions and use the “Enter Giveaway” form located at www.makerspaces.com/makerspace-giveaway to enter.
No other methods of entry will be accepted. Only one email entry per person.
Entrants must provide a valid email address. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, corrupted entries. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrants’ sole remedy is another entry in the same Giveaway during the Giveaway Period. Entrants discovered entering under several names or in any way attempting to tamper with the fair play of the Giveaway will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
4. ODDS. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION. On or about five (5) calendar days after the end of the Giveaway (“Drawing Date”), winner(s) will be selected at random by a representative of Makerspaces.com from among all eligible entries received by the respective Drawing Date (“Selected Entrant”).
The Selected Entrant will be notified via the email address provided on entry form. Selected Entrant will be required to respond via email seventy-two (72) hours of attempted notification. Failure to respond timely to the notification will result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor will randomly select an alternate Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Selected Entrant may also be sent a declaration of eligibility and liability and publicity release (“Release”). The first and last name, occupation, hometown, and photograph of each U.S. Selected Entrant, may be published in Sponsor’s publication(s) and marketing materials and on its website(s), including without limitation Makerspaces.com’s e-newsletters, messages to Makerspaces.com’s community, and/or the Makerspaces.com’s website and social media sites. Unless restricted by law, Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. An alternate Selected Entrant will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a Selected Entrant (i) cannot be reached, (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents within seventy two (72) hours of notification as required pursuant to these Official Rules, or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. In the event of a dispute about the identity of a Selected Entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. Selected Entrant is required to show proof of eligibility upon request.
6. PRIZE & APROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV). Three (3) grand prize winners, subject to verification, will receive the grand prize, which consists of (1) Spiral Bound Book – “Safer Makerspaces, Fab Labs, and STEM Labs” $49 Value.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS. Selected Entrant is not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV, and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize provided; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Prize may be awarded in the form of voucher(s), coupon(s), and/or gift card(s) at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize or prize component(s) once in the possession or control of the actual Giveaway prize recipient. If Selected Entrant is unable to participate in or accept the Giveaway prize or any portion thereof for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Selected Entrant. No part of any prize is redeemable for cash, regardless of reason. Selected Entrant will receive the Giveaway prize via U.S. mail within thirty (30) calendar days of the Drawing Date (exact timing subject to change based on availability of prize). All activities related to the prize are at the Selected Entrant’s own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Giveaway is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Giveaway or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Giveaway may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Giveaway and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the Selected Entrant in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Entrants may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
9. CONDITIONS. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from the Giveaway will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant and Selected Entrant may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. Entrants’ rights and responsibilities may vary by jurisdiction. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant’s entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, name and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Giveaway on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Selected Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Selected Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Giveaway-related activity or participation in the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Giveaway and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, void, corrupted, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, bugs, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Giveaway; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Giveaway. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Giveaway. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
10. DISPUTES. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or the Giveaway will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Florida. By entering you consent to jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of Florida, for the resolution of any and all disputes.
12. WINNER’S LIST AND GIVEAWAY RULES. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or a winners list within ninety (90) calendar days of the end of the Giveaway Period, send your request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Makerspace Giveaway, Makerspaces.com, P.O. Box 4147, Clearwater, FL 33758, USA. Selected Entrant(s) list will be sent once Selected Entrant has been verified and prize has been awarded.